Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm the king of New York (thinking Newsies)

So funny story. I was at the Days of 47 Parade doing my normal thing at the beginning of the parade route (checking in Bands) and this lady in a normal looking dress comes up to me. She begins to tell me that she was told to be there at 8:00am and ready to check in to her float. That morning is so crazy with people wondering around trying to find floats that it didn't faze me as weird. I asked her if she knew where her float was and she said no. I then asked her if she knew which float she was supposed to be with and she again said no. All she knew is that she was told to be there at 8:00am. After asking a few other questions and noticing that she was slurring her words (which at first I thought was just because she was missing quite a few teeth) I realized that she was completely drunk. She kept telling me she was supposed to be with the Queens ... because she was the Queen of Salt Lake! Yes you read that right, did you know we have a queen in Salt Lake? I found that information quite interesting considering I thought we were a Democracy ... but no, we have a queen of Salt Lake and she was at the Parade ready to be on her float waving to her subjects. She did not understand how everyone else could go down the parade and the cities very own queen was not invited. It turns out that the man on the television told her to be at the parade at 8, hmmm. I nicely and politely explained to her the situation and told her she was not able to go down the parade this year, but if she wants to put in an application for next year that would be great. She then stomped off and in a loud voice exclaimed how disappointed she was that the Queen was not able to go down this year. Who knows maybe you will all see her next year - look for the Queen :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, love it!

Mandee Lue said...

Giggles, giggles, and more giggles! Oh heck, why don't we just LOL??? Loved it!

Unknown said...

Long live the Queen!!
You know, this democracy thing is just a fad. I'm sure it'll pass.

Buck & Ashley Higgs said...

OMG! I totally love it! That is the funniest thing I have every heard! I read it to Buck outloud! I would have at least got a picture with the queen!