Wow this was an eventful week, and yes pictures are going to follow when I get them. The adventures started on Wednesday when I chopped my hair! Yes folks 17 inches off the back! When my friend Jordan first cut it off it was amazing the light feeling that was felt. It was almost as if my head were a balloon ready to float away. The weirdest part is still the shower, I still haven't figured out how much shampoo to put onto my head without a million suds everywhere.
Then Thursday I headed down to Zions with my friends Mandee and Scott. Later that night Jordan, Nate, Nichola, Jeremy, Brian, Derek, and Jeff joined us. The next morning we all headed down to the Narrows after a word of prayer that assured me that we would be safe no matter what we chose to do. It was a beautiful morning blue sky and all! About 5 or 6pm it starts raining. At this point we start racing from high ground to high ground. The thunder was booming through the canyon that rocks started falling, in fact one fell 15 feet away from Scott. At this time we were trying to figure out if it was thunder or a flash flood approaching. We finally took a break at campground 2 and took off our packs. After maybe 60 seconds the people across the river yelled for us to grab our stuff and get to the high ground because something was coming. Sure enough we saw the debris everyone told us we would see that preceded a flash flood. And within seconds a 1 or 2 foot wall of muddy water rushed down the Virgin River. It was amazing how fast it all happened. We sat down and waited for the water to slow down and lower (recede). It took so long that we just stayed the night (all 10 of us) on one campsite. The amazing part was that where we were was the merging point of another river - deep creek- that had much land around it and fresh water. We had 4 groups that camped around that area for the night and a river that we were able to filter water from. We were totally blessed and as was promised we were all safe.
The next day we hiked the rest of the hike. I love the Narrows, it is one of my favorite places. It is so majestic and is a testimony to me that there is a God. That He loves me enough to put places like the Narrows on this earth. When He says something He keeps his promises. When He gives us trials or when trials come upon us He stays with us, He never leaves us alone.
2 Month Update
11 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds amazing! Sure glad you guys made it safely through the narrows. I can't wait to see pics of your new do too!
I love your hair short! I'm glad you were safe. I'd kind of like to keep you around! Happy Birthday tomorrow! You're getting OLD!!! :)
Post a Comment