Thursday night was my concert, and boy am I glad it's over. For the most part my students did well. I really have nothing huge to complain about and my audience (students parents) say it gets better every year (which is very comforting). I do have a funny story that happened though. My Jazz Band was playing and one of my trumpet players had just finished his solo. As you do when someone finishes soloing I clapped to encourage the audience to clap as well. Well, many times I use a clap to cut off my students, so as classically trained students do- most of my band stopped playing when I clapped. The rhythm section kept going and the rest of them found their spot and came in without missing a beat. I am not sure the audience noticed because they were all clapping but I found it hilarious. When I get a sound clip I will post it for you, but I am feeling a thousand times better now that it is all over. A huge shout out goes to Kelly and Kirsten - thanks for your help!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm glad it went well. You are great!
Post a Comment